Agency Principal - Alan Epstein
Alan Epstein is a veteran of the marketing industry with a successful 25+ year track record of helping brand marketers and advertisers thrive in both the traditional and digital marketing world. After selling Adamson Advertising to Barkley and Partners five years ago, Alan opened The Epstein Group — a Marketing Services Organization. Alan had been overseeing Adamson’s business development and marketing programs, as well as supervising their large consumer and retail clients since 1997. His credentials include extensive experience in broadcast and digital media, working in the franchise environment, C-Store, sports and food service marketing.
Alan has enjoyed a 26 year relationship with the St Louis Baseball Cardinals and near that length with other regional advertisers. When not working to further his clients’ business, swinging a golf club, or improving his time in the downhill, Alan stays active in community and charity endeavors and serve as the Vice President and board member of the St. Louis Men’s Group Against Cancer, an organization that brings the entire cancer community together in St. Louis and has raised over $4 million to help cancer victims and their families through research, prevention and care.
Marketing Research and Planning - Tom Boyd
Research and Planning Director at Fortune 500 Companies
- Save-A-Lot - Director of Consumer Segments and Sourcing
- Solutia - Director of Business Design
- Energizer - Director of Global Consumer Research
- Ralston Purina - Director of Global Consumer Knowledge
- Produced new corporate branding program resulting in increasing sales +40% for Save A Lot
- Developed new business strategy at Solutia resulting in $100M sales within 5 years
- Leadership role at Purina and Energizer on new product initiatives launching $100M+ brands
Tom has been a part of The Epstein Group for four years, and have worked with Alan for ten years.
Creative Director, Writer - Thomas Blood
Tom is a creative writer who thinks visually and an artist who paints pictures with words. For more than 30 years as a Creative Director at some of the largest agencies in the area, Tom has created results-oriented, brand-building advertising and marketing communications for a wide variety of clients in the B2C, B2B, government and not-for-profit market sectors. Tom’s work has won International Film Festival awards, National ADDYs, AVA Digital Marketing Awards, Telly Awards and more than 100 local and industry-related competitions. Tom is an experienced writer, producer and Creative Director capable of overseeing any and all projects in any media - print, broadcast, interactive, digital, e-marketing, etc. - from concept through completion, Tom delivers big idea thinking across the board. Put simply, Tom’s work works.
- 15 years’ experience in marketing and advertising on the both the agency and client side
- Responsible for managing a variety of initiatives such as media planning, digital media solutions, social media, email campaigns, marketing communications
- Territory Marketing Supervisor at CPI Corporation / Fox Photo where he developed and managed regional marketing plans and sales promotions integrating advertising, direct marketing, and in-store promotions
Creative Marketing Resources
The creative talents we work with have all been high level creative directors, writers or designers at the largest agencies in the area including Gardner Advertising, Adamson, Kenrick, J. Walter Thompson, Barkley and D’Arcy St. Louis. These are the people who are behind all the work on the accounts featured in all of The Epstein Group case histories.